Technical Proposal Specialist/Sales Coordinator
We are searching for a friendly, highly organized individual to join our growing business development team.
In this role, you will work closely with our leadership team and with our partner companies who resell and package our solution to prepare proposal documents and materials. This position requires excellent organizational, communication and writing skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and an ability to articulate technical aspects and details of the features and benefits of our MyMeter utility customer engagement platform. You will be responsible for using our large library of completed proposal responses to create templates and expedite the proposal preparation process.
Our team is also working to incorporate generative artificial intelligence (AI) tools as part of our sales document management and production to increase team productivity and best leverage our existing proposal content library.
Over time, the position offers the opportunity to grow into leading customer-facing presentations and/or channel partner management.
- Leading the proposal development process, manage response timelines and deliver final proposals for submission.
- Developing and maintaining expertise in our software solution.
- Working with management team to make “go or no-go” decisions on new business development opportunities.
- Obtaining and sharing customer feedback with colleagues and other departments so that products and services can be improved.
- Preparing and organizing a reusable set of proposal materials.
- Working with our channel partners to support their proposals which include our solution.
- Working with colleagues or managers to present the best solutions to customers’ needs.
- Familiarizing yourself with new product features as they are introduced.
- Respecting client confidentiality at all times.
- Documenting all interactions.
- Maintaining a polite, helpful, and professional manner at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or a related field may be advantageous but is not required.
- Practical experience with the Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to respond appropriately under pressure.
- Sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills.
- A positive attitude and the ability to build relationships with clients and partners.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with proposal/grant writing, and/or knowledge of electric/gas/water utility industry a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Paul, MN 55114: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Inside sales: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Saint Paul, MN 55114